About Bullfrog International
Founded in 1996, Bullfrog International, LC, is headquartered in the greater Salt Lake City, Utah metro area. Bullfrog designs and manufactures the world’s only hot tubs with the patented JetPak Therapy System One of the primary features of the JetPak Therapy System are the JetPaks themselves. JetPaks are modular jetted seatbacks, which allow the user to customize, interchange and upgrade their hot tub’s jetting at anytime.
The JetPak Therapy System is backed by six U.S. patents, multiple foreign patents, with other U.S. and foreign patents pending. In addition to JetPaks, Bullfrog Spas provide powerful hydrotherapy, legendary reliability, and are extremely energy efficient. Bullfrog International currently distributes, licenses, and retails its products in the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, and Europe. Since 2003, Bullfrog International, LC has experienced an average growth rate of more than 17 percent each year.
Bullfrog Spas, The World's Fastest Growing Hot Tub Company
Bullfrog´s unique JetPak Therapy System has allowed the company to grow at a rate that has significantly outpaced the industry every single year since 1996. Bullfrog is headquartered in a state-of-the-art 81,000 square-foot manufacturing facility where it employs Lean Manufacturing concepts to keep costs down, quality high, and lead times short. Not only is Bullfrog the fastest growing spa manufacturer in the world, but it continues to create and engineer the most innovative and unique hot tubs in the industry. Find out more about the unique benefits of our products by visiting the Why Bullfrog section of our site.
Bullfrog’s Patented Technology
Bullfrog Spas have patented technology that is recognized world-wide for the innovation in the pool and spa industry. The benefits of the patented JetPak Therapy System include: jetted massages that are truly customizable and upgradeable, an efficient system that creates the most energy efficient spa, the only leak-proof spa design, and an ultra-efficient plumbing system that provides more power to run all the jets at the same time with optimum pressure.
The JetPak Therapy System
- JetPaks are removable spa seats, each equipped with an individual array of jets. JetPaks allow most of the plumbing and jets to be positioned within the spa bathing area, below the water line. The reduction in plumbing reduces water friction through the pipes, enabling a more powerful spa . The reduction in plumbing and its location within the spa's water makes this the industry’s most energy efficient spa. Because there are zero holes drilled into the seatbacks, Bullfrog Spas are virtually leak-proof.
- JetPak technology makes Bullfrog the only spa in the world that is completely customizable and upgradeable. Because of Bullfrog´s modular jetting system, and JetPak varieties, customers can create a unique hydrotherapeutic experience based on individual massage needs. Bullfrog continues to develop JetPak models with varying massage capabilities which enable users to have the latest technology and a spa that is never obsolete.
Power to Run All Jets at the Same Time
- Every other spa in the world uses long networks of pipe to carry water from the pumps to the jets. Bullfrog threw away all traditional plumbing designs and using the ulta-efficient JetPak Therapy System, we eliminated up to 90% of pipe used.
- Traditional spas are built with hundreds of glue joints, long networks of pipe, and dozens of pipe connections buried in foam insulation, all of which restrict water pressure and flow. Bullfrog reduces 90% of pipe and pipe fittings, thus reducing the number of pipe connections in the plumbing system. Less plumbing results in less friction being applied to anything traveling through the pipe, whether it´s air or water. With 90 percent less plumbing, water power is far greater, which results in a spa that can run more jets per horsepower.
- Due to the amount of plumbing in most conventional spas, diverter valves are needed to shut down half of the spa, in order to give the necessary jet pressure to the other half. This is a huge inconvenience. Bullfrog Spas have no diverter valves! The unique PowerPlus plumbing system runs all jets in all seats at maximum jet power, all the time. No more robbing jet power from your neighbors.
The Most Energy Efficient Spa
- The JetPak Therapy System creates the most energy efficient line of spas on the market. The greatest factor to determine energy savings is to explore how well a spa can retain the heat it generates. By using 100% closed-cell, full-foam insulation, Bullfrog ensures maximum protection against heat loss. Many high-end spas may boast this feature; however, Bullfrog goes one step further. It recycles the heat that traditional spas lose.
- In a conventional spa, water is heated and travels to the spa through many feet of plumbing. Along its journey, the hot water loses heat which dissipates under the spa and is lost - even in full-foam spas!
- Bullfrog is different. Up to 90% of the plumbing is eliminated and the JetPak manifolds are within the hot spa water. This means any heat escaping through the JetPak is transferred into the spa water. This process heats the spa and recycles energy. This brilliant engineering will be truly appreciated when the monthly power bills arrive!
- Fewer holes drilled in your spa's shell equates to security. With zero holes drilled into the seatbacks, Bullfrog spas reduce the potential for leaks, becoming virtually leak-proof.
- Bullfrog is the industry leader and still one of only a few manufacturers that produce spas without wood or metal frames. Bullfrog's EnduraFrame spa support structure is 100% wood-free for a water-proof, long-lasting and more durable spa.
- In conventional spas, jet and pipe fittings are buried in foam-filled spa walls, making access to the plumbing difficult and often impossible. Bullfrog´s exclusive design provides the unmatched security of most of your plumbing being immediately accessible on the JetPak itself, and not underneath the spa. Any leak in this system is contained within the spa, and therefore will never be a problem. If service is ever needed, all JetPaks are easy to access. No other spa design offers this much peace of mind.
Recognition & Success
- 2012 - Best Hot Tub - About.com
- 2012 - Best of Class - PoolandSpa.com
- 2012 - Best of State - Pool and Spa
- 2011 - International Pool Group - Supplier of the Year
- 2011 - Best of State - Pool and Spa
- 2011 - Top 10 Hot Tubs - PoolandSpa.com
- 2010 - Best of State - Pool and Spa
- 2010 - International Pool Group - President's Award for Best Manufacturer
- 2009 - Best of State - Pool and Spa
- 2008 - Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Judge
- 2008 - Best of Class Award from PoolandSpa.com
- 2007 - Best of State – Pool and Spa
- 2006 - Inducted into the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Hall of Fame
- 2006 - Best of State – Pool and Spa
- 2006 - Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2005 - Best of State – Pool and Spa
- 2005 - Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2005 - Best of State – Wholesale Durable Goods
- 2004 - Best of State – Wholesale Durable Goods
- 2004 - National Award Nominee – Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing (Utah)
- 2004 - Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2004 - Winner – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing (Utah)
- 2003 - Best of State – Wholesale Durable Goods
- 2003 - Finalist – Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year – Manufacturing (Utah)
- 2003 - Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 –Fastest Growing Companies in Utah
- 2002 - Mountain West Venture Group Utah Top 100 – 4th Fastest Growing Company in Utah
Bullfrog's Beginning, An Entrepreneur´s Vision
Bullfrog International was established in 1996 by David Ludlow. Working for his father´s pool and hot tub business as a young man, Ludlow was, in part, responsible for sales and in turn servicing clients´ leaky hot tubs. After attending a pool and spa trade show in Las Vegas in 1989, Ludlow knew he could design a hot tub that could more effectively protect against leaks than the ones featured at the tradeshow. Knowing leaks occurred inside the spa shell where hundreds of feet of plumbing intertwined, Ludlow decided the best way to prevent a leak was to minimize the plumbing underneath the spa shell and place the plumbing inside the water, where if it did leak, it would actually be contained inside the spa and not hinder the spa’s functionality.
Ludlow’s main challenge was designing a spa that reduced the amount of plumbing while increasing jet power and efficiency. Ludlow developed a technology which he coined the JetPak System.