How Much Do Swim Spas Cost?
Have you been looking to purchase a swim spa? Swim spas are generally priced from $7,000 to over $40,000 depending on quality. Swim spas offer the benefit to privately swim in your own space as well as to enjoy the features of using a hot tub. . Not to mention, they can be a cost-effective option when compared to purchasing a traditional swimming pool.
But of course, this all depends on your needs and budget. So if you’re interested in getting a swim spa for your home, let’s walk you through the costs to help you make the right decision.
There are three main factors involved in swim spa costs: the purchase/upfront costs, delivery and installation costs, and ongoing maintenance costs.
The Purchase Cost
Low-End Model Prices
Low-end model prices can range from $7,000 to $15,000. Keep in mind, because they’re designed to keep the costs low, these swim spas may not be nearly as efficient at keeping the water clean as higher quality models. This can lead to high energy bills, since the filtration system has to work around the clock to keep the water clean.
Mid-Range Model Prices
Mid-range model prices can range from $16,000–$25,000. These models usually come with a better build and a larger warranty. More importantly, they come furnished with high-quality equipment such as pumps, jets, and current diverters. They might also be more energy-efficient.
High-End Model Prices
High-end model prices can range from $26,000–over $40,000. These models are usually larger than less expensive options, offering a more enjoyable swim experience. Moreover, you can rest assured that the high-end models come with unique features such as:
- Dual temperature options
Delivery and Installation Costs
Delivery costs can be anywhere from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars, depending on your location and how far the delivery team will need to travel.
There are also installation costs that come with purchasing a swim spa (they are usually not included in the delivery fees). These installation fees can vary as every swim spa and home/business is unique, so there is no one-size-fits-all approach when it comes to installation.
While some places may need to complete additional electrical work, others might need a crane to lift the spa over buildings or other obstructions that are in the way. For reference, installations involving cranes can be around $1,000 or more, and above ground swim spa installations (e.g., raised-deck installs, edge-of-deck installs, stand-alone installs, etc.) typically cost around $1,500.
Ongoing Maintenance Costs
Once you have your swim spa installed and ready to go, there are other various maintenance costs involved to keep your spa safe and clean for yourself and your guests.
Here are a few of the main ongoing costs you’ll find:
- Filtration Costs: It’s important to keep your water clean. Therefore, you will need to regularly monitor your filter chemicals, change your filters, and clean your spa.
- Chemical Costs: In order to keep your water clear and clean, your spa will have an ongoing need for chemical treatments.
- Electricity Costs: When purchasing a swim spa you do need to consider the electrical costs. Swim spas require a 220V/240V power source, so there will be an ongoing energy cost to use your swim spa.
Is the Cost of Swim Spas Worth It?
For many people, swim spas are well worth the cost. They offer the convenience of swimming, exercising, and relaxing (via hydrotherapy) at the comfort of your own home or business throughout each season.
If the swim spa prices are still making you nervous, keep in mind there are ways you can help mitigate the costs.
For example, you can:
- Purchase a spa that is energy-efficient. Enjoy your time relaxing AND save money while you’re at it. An energy-efficient spa can minimize the energy costs that come with running a swim spa. For tips and tricks on reducing costs, read our ways to reduce hot tub energy costs.
- Customize the spa design. Even if some high-end models come with unique features, you are not obligated to purchase all of them. In fact, there are spa companies that allow you to design your own spa to help you prioritize your needs and alleviate some of the costs.
Consider a Large Spa
The M9 offers more than any other spa in its class. With more space, JetPaks, comfort, and stunning aesthetics the M9 would be a perfect fit for your home.
The A9L sets the standard in spacious luxury spas. The A9L is ideal for those wanting one of the best hot tubs we offer. Enjoy all of your family and friends together for quality time in the A9L.