Summer Smoothie Recipes: Tahitian Frozen Lemonade
Tahiti Smoothie Recipe – Frozen Lemonade
Inspired by the vanilla and coconut flavors known to Tahiti, this twist on traditional lemonade makes it easy to escape a hectic work week for a place more tropical.
- The juice of 2 lemons
- The juice of 1 lime
- 12oz of coconut water (not milk)
- 5 mint leaves
- 1 vanilla bean
- Sweetener (stevia, agave, or sugar work well)
- Juice both lemons and the lime and combine with the coconut water.
- Add the mint leaves to the juices then mix in a blender on low until leaves have been incorporated.
- Add sweetener to taste then blend to mix.
- Transfer lemonade to pitcher. Using a sharp knife, carefully split the vanilla bean length wise in order to reveal the paste inside. Using the knife, carefully scrape the paste from the bean and add it to the lemonade. Stir the vanilla into the mixture.
- Serve over ice.